Qualified Medication Aide
Qualified Medical Assistants, in addition to their responsibilities as a CNA, a QMA can do many tasks such as passing oral medications, eye drops, ear drops, and testing for blood sugar via a fingerstick, and more. The opportunity can be utilized as a promotion or a stepping stone to becoming a nurse.
Our curriculum is set up to ensure each graduate understands the responsibility an individual holds when given the ability to administer medications. This is an excellent growth opportunity for seasoned C.N.A.’s who are looking to further their career.
To be eligible to train to be a QMA applicants must:
- Be employed as a CNA in good standing
- Have at least 1000 hours of current experience as a CNA
- Be listed in good standing on the Indiana State Nurse Aide Registry
- Have proven leadership ability, competence and experience as a CNA
- Must be willing to act within the scope of practice of a QMA
- Be willing to complete additional inservice training each year including 6 hours of medication-related inservices, and maintain an accurate record of inservices
Lets get you started on a path to furthering your career!
To Register, complete the form below:
Go to the full page to view and submit the form.